The Ultimate All-in-One Goes All Out.
The 27-inch iMac features a brilliant LED-backlit, edge-to-edge glass display (see larger image).
The new iMac features next-generation Intel Core i5 quad-core processors and the fastest graphics ever in an all-in-one computer. It also brings Thunderbolt I/O technology to the desktop for lightning-fast data transfer. And a new FaceTime HD camera lets you make full-screen HD video calls. All from a beautiful, widescreen 27-inch LED-backlit display that takes up just a sliver of your desk. It’s everything you want in a desktop. Now more powerful, more advanced, and even more incredible than before.
The iMac’s display offers a 2560 x 1440-pixel resolution (for native 1080p high-definition viewing), and it uses IPS technology to deliver consistent color across an ultra wide 178 degree viewing angle. This 27-inch model (MC814LL/A) offers improved graphics with AMD Radeon HD 6970M discrete graphics featuring 1 GB of GDDR5 memory, a 1 TB hard drive, and 4 GB of installed RAM. Other features include integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth connectivity, an SD card slot (compatible with SDHC and SDXC cards), two Thunderbolt port for even greater expansion options, a FireWire 800 port, and a total of four USB 2.0 ports (see full specifications below).
Free Upgrade to OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
If this iMac comes pre-installed with OS X 10.7 Lion, it is eligible to a free upgrade to OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. When Mountain Lion becomes available in July, Apple’s Up-To-Date program page for details on how to request your copy of Mountain Lion.
Apple’s OS X Mountain Lion Up-to-Date upgrade is available to all customers who purchase a qualifying new Mac system from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller on or after June 11, 2012. Customers who purchase a qualifying Mac between June 11, 2012 and the date when Mountain Lion is available in the Mac App Store will have 30 days from the OS X Mountain Lion release date to make a request.
Mountain Lion introduces innovative features including the all new Messages app, Notification Center, system-wide Sharing, AirPlay Mirroring, Game Center, and the enhanced security of Gatekeeper. With iCloud built into the foundation of OS X, Mountain Lion makes it easier than ever to keep your content up to date across all your devices.
Next-Generation Dual-Core Intel Processor
This iMac is powered by a second-generation Intel Core i5 quad-core processor (dubbed “Sandy Bridge”), which provides breakthrough digital media management, content creation, and 3D gaming capabilities. With updated Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, the latest Core i5 increases speed automatically for whatever you’re doing, dynamically accelerating performance to match your workload.
Intel’s Hyper-Threading Technology enables each core of your processor to work on two tasks at the same time, delivering the performance you need for smart multitasking. And you’ll enjoy a rich set of new features for a stunning and seamless visual experience with no additional hardware. The “Sandy Bridge” Core i5 processor also provides faster access to the installed RAM, with an integrated memory controller to connect fast 1333 MHz memory directly to the processor.
The iMac’s seamless aluminum enclosure and full range of ports, including two Thunderbolt ports (see larger image).
Revolutionary Thunderbolt Technology
Developed by Intel with collaboration from Apple, high-speed Thunderbolt I/O (input/output) technology delivers an amazing 10 gigabits per second of transfer speeds in both directions. Built into the iMac, the Thunderbolt port allows you to connect to new Thunderbolt-compatible peripherals as well as existing USB and FireWire peripherals using simple adapters. You’ll be able to move data up to 20 times faster than with USB 2.0 and more than 12 times faster than with FireWire 800, and you can daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub. Thunderbolt also supports DisplayPort for high resolution displays and works with existing adapters for HDMI, DVI and VGA displays.
Bright, Colorful Display
This 27-inch, all-in-one Apple iMac features an edge-to-edge glass display that utilizes LED backlighting for improved brightness and energy efficiency as well as In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology, which delivers consistent color across a wide 178-degree viewing angle.
You’ll be able to cut the cord with the included Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse, both of which connect to the iMac using Bluetooth wireless technology. Additionally, the Magic Mouse features a seamless Multi-Touch surface that enables you to use the same intuitive gestures used on the MacBook trackpad to easily scroll through long documents or swipe to move forward or backward through a collection of web pages or photos. And it can be configured as either a single- or two-button mouse.
See larger image.
And with the FaceTime HD camera placed above the display in the iMac’s thin aluminum and glass design, you’ll be able to make video calls in HD 720p resolution to friends and family on another iMac or MacBook. Additionally, you’ll be able to connect to those using an iPad 2, iPhone 4, or iPod touch.
- 27-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with IPS technology, a 2560 x 1440-pixel resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio, and 178-degree viewing angle (horizontal and vertical). Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to a 30-inch display (2560 by 1600 pixels) on an external display.
- 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5 quad-core processor (“Sandy Bridge”) with 6 MB shared L3 cache for excellent multitasking.
- 1 TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM)
- 4 GB installed RAM (1333 MHz DDR3; supports up to 16 GB)
- AMD Radeon HD 6970M graphics processor (with 1 GB of DDR5 SDRAM discrete video memory) for high performance when playing 3D games, editing HD video, or running design software.
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive with double-layer DVD support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/
- Built-in FaceTime camera for video chatting (up to HD 720p resolution when connecting to other Macs)
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on 802.11n specification; 802.11a/b/g compatible)
- Gigabit Ethernet wired networking (10/100/1000BASE-T)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) for connecting with peripherals such as keyboards, mice and cell phones
- Side-loading SDXC card slot
- Four USB 2.0 ports, one FireWire 800 port
- Two Thunderbolt ports
- Mini DisplayPort video output with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately).
- Built-in stereo speakers with two internal 17-watt high-efficiency amplifiers along with built-in microphone, optical digital audio output/headphone out, optical digital audio input/audio line in
- Wall-mountable with optional VESA Mount Adapter Kit.
- Dimensions: 25.6 x 8.15 x 20.4 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 30.5 pounds
What’s in the Box
iMac, Apple Wireless Keyboard, Magic Mouse, cleaning cloth, power cord, install/restore DVDs, printed and electronic documentation
Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Wireless Keyboard
Limited Warranty And Service
The iMac comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a 1-year limited warranty, which can be extended to 3 years with the AppleCare Protection Plan.
Mac OS X Lion is an even more powerful and refined version of the world’s most advanced operating system. In ways big and small, it gets faster, more reliable, and easier to use. New core technologies unleash the power of today’s advanced hardware technology and prepare Mac OS X for future innovation.
- Mac OS X v10.7 Lion (includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools, and more)
iLife helps you do more with photos, movies, and music than you ever thought possible. In iPhoto, you can browse, edit, and share your photos in stunning new full-screen views. Create epic Hollywood-style movie trailers from your home video in iMovie. And GarageBand gives you everything you need to make a great-sounding song–including tools for keeping your song in perfect rhythm and guitar and piano lessons.
- iLife (includes iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, iWeb, and iDVD)
AppleCare Protection Plan
Because Apple makes the hardware, the operating system, and many applications, the Mac is a truly integrated system. And only the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call. Extend the complimentary service and support on your Mac to 3 years from the original Mac purchase date with the AppleCare Protection Plan. You get direct telephone access to Apple experts for technical questions, and you get global repair coverage–including both parts and labor–for your Mac and select Apple peripherals.
Optional Accessories and Related Products
AirPort Extreme Base Station
Apple Magic Trackpad
Apple Battery Charger
Studies : Apple iMac MC814LL/A 27-Inch Desktop PC (3.1GHz Intel Core i5 Processor, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD) (OLD VERSION) at Apple