Wednesday, April 3, 2013

“Confirm receipt of the e-mail” feature must be set when you send your resume via email to be rude?

Request written by catwomanmeeeeow: Is it rude to have the “confirm receipt of email” feature set up when sending out resumes via email?

I applied to a couple of jobs via email, and I didn’t realize that the “confirm receipt of email” option had been clicked on in my email.


I ended up with a couple of automated “confirmed receipt” messages from some potential employers. I’m just wondering if it’s rude to leave that option on and ask recruiters/employers to confirm receiving the application?


Definitely details Is it rude to have the “confirm receipt of email” feature set up when sending out resumes via email? that you can will have to clear up issues themselves. Maybe this will assist in many ways… and produce the way you live much better. Hoping details Is it rude to have the “confirm receipt of email” feature set up when sending out resumes via email? could possibly be a fix at a later date.

Optimum solution:


Answer by Caren B

i dont think so


Answer by gjmb1960

i wouldnt like it , but then its an option that the receiver can switch off.


Answer by mewchic2

i dont think so, it would most likely be taken as you are serious about getting a job and want to make sure that your employers have received your resume.


Answer by Goddess of Grammar

I don’t think it’s rude but I HATE that feature. That’s one thing I like about Yahoo mail. I probably wouldn’t mind as much at work as at home, though.


Answer by Traveller

I’m not sure this is always the case, but as I remember on AOL, the receiver didn’t even know that you received notice that they opened the email. If some effort on their part is required, I’d say not to do it; if it is automatic, who would care? It only tells you that the email went through, no biggie in my book.


Answer by thing55000

Absolutely NOT rude! Very sensible and efficient. I would consider it sensible of someone to do that, as emails CAN go astray and when sending resumes (or other business documents) it is important to know they have been received.


Cheers Please Enroll Responsibly LG Lee Doren Subscribe HATE Cookie Fresh Email Setup Cheers Answer AOL Confirm receipt of the e mail feature must be set when you send your resume via email to be rude? httpcuppasweets2go blogspot com


Answer by Megan

It’s not rude at all. It’s saying that you want to make sure they got it. When sending faxes at work I usually do a confirmed fax thing so that I know they received my fax. There’s been times when I’ve faxed someone something and they didn’t get it, and it was days before I found out. I think it’s perfectly fine for resumes.


Answer by L.G.

It’s always nice to know your email was received, and no one knows you’ve requested a receipt except yourself.


Requiring a confirmation receipt is an option in your email service; the recipient is not even aware that it is activated. Now if the recipient has his/her/its email options set to “never send confirmation receipt,” then your settings could be overridden. But, if the recipient does not have such a feature selected in its email options, you will receive a receipt and the recipient will know nothing about it.


Have any idea much better?

Give your reply to this inquiry below!


Please Enroll Responsibly: http://amzn.to/ojtR7E Only 99 cents By Lee Doren Subscribe to the iTunes Podcast of The Lee Doren Show: http://itunes.apple.com/us…


LG Cookie Fresh Email Setup


Image via LG Cookie Fresh Email Setup


After pressing the Email icon on the GS290 smartphone this is the message that pops-up


You are very welcome to use this pic for your own use, as long as you include a live link back as credit, thanks!


“Confirm receipt of the e-mail” feature must be set when you send your resume via email to be rude?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive